Skip to Main Content

Forms 1099, W-2, 1098-T and Other Reporting

pile of tax forms


If you are a University Department that received a 1099 Form from outside of the University, please send it via campus mail to the Tax Management Office, University Office Plaza, Suite 100, Campus Mail Code 2715.


The following tax forms are not handled by the Tax Management Office but by the departments most closely associated with their content. In accordance with IRS guidelines, they are mailed on or before January 31st of each year.

1098-T Forms, Statements of Tuition, are handled by One Stop Student Services. They have developed a very informative FAQ list which is hosted on our site. If after consulting the FAQ on 1098-T forms you still have questions, please consult your campus One Stop directly:

Twin Cities:
612-624-1111 or 1-800-400-8636 or email: or website:
218-281-8569 or 1-800-UMC-MINN or website:
218-726-8000 or email: or website:
320-589-6046 or 1-800-992-8863 or email: or website:
507-258-8069 or email: or website:

1099-MISC Forms: For questions regarding a 1099-MISC Form that you received from the University, please contact the University Financial Helpline at 612-624-1617.

1099-R Forms: For questions regarding a 1099-R Form which is used to report the distribution of retirement benefits such as pensions, annuities or other retirement plans that you received from the University, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 612-624-8647.

1099-K Forms: If you received a 1099-K Form, Payment Card and Third Party Network Transactions, please forward it to the Tax Management Office - Suite 100 University Office Plaza, Campus Mail Code 2715.

W-2 Forms: If you have questions regarding your W-2, please consult the Human Resources Payroll Department at 612-624-8647 or email them at For duplicate W-2 Forms, go to the Employee Self Service web page and select "W-2 Reprint".


About the Tax Management Office


Kelly Farmer


Parent Unit

University Finance

Financial Units Org Chart (pdf)


Department Contact Information

University Tax Management

2221 University Ave SE, Suite 100

Minneapolis, MN 55414

P: 612-624-1053, F: 612-626-1886

Directions & Parking Information

Tax Managment Staff

TMO Organizational Chart (pdf)