Educational Tax Benefits
This page is a resource for University of Minnesota students and their parents who may be eligible for education related tax benefits. Click on the links below for helpful information and resources. Please check the tax year on the PDF carefully, as some links are not yet updated by the IRS.
- IRS Information on Educational Tax Benefits
- IRS Publication 970
- IRS Form 8863
- FAQ on Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, provided by One Stop
- Required Fees Defined
- Quick References/Useful Contacts
- Notice of IRS audits regarding the Education Tax Credits and Deduction and 1098-T Information (pdf)
- Information on Taxation of University of Minnesota Non-Compensatory Fellowship Stipends
In accordance with IRS regulations, The University Tax Management Office does not provide personal tax advice. To determine your eligibility for a higher education tax credit, a student loan interest deduction or a deduction for qualified education expenses, please contact a personal tax advisor or the IRS.
To view some of this information you need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer and properly configured for your web browser.